Friday 16 January 2009

Editing

Now that I had Mikes interview it meant that I could begin to construct a narrative. Firstly, I went through the interview cutting all the individual questions and responses then titling them so that they would be easy to locate. At this point I kept in my own voice so immediately apparent what section was also I might want to use some of the interviewee’s reactions somewhere in the narrative. As I had already comprised a script I had an idea of the narrative structure so I began to place Mike’s responses in this order on the timeline. However this was very rough as I still didn’t have John’s interview and I didn’t want to cut up the footage too much. This rough sequence of interview was placed behind the real time images sequence that I had created.


I have now started to cut my questions from all the clips as aren’t needed and it gives me a greater understanding of dialogue that I have to work with. From here I split up the clips even more identifying words and phrases that I wanted in my opening sounds cape.

No comments: