Thursday 27 November 2008

character profiles

John- my documentary is based around john
-He will be shown at work doing his regular tasks
-Shown interacting with helper in interview
-Shown interacting with customers and other employees

Simple questions and leading questions

Mike- manager
-Mike will be interviewed; he gives a voice to company and employer
-Shown working along side john
-Mike is used to show john as person and not just an employee

Leading questions also some informal questions thus informal answers.

Customer-
-Gives documentary another dimension and more importantly opinion. I think the opinion of the customer is very valid as shows the effect john has not only on workers but success of company.

Leading questions that are opinion orientated so that customers give own views.

In doing character profiles for my participants it has enabled me to get a better grasp on their function within my documentary. This will mean that my interview questions will be specified to their function which ultimately makes constructing a narrative in the edit simpler. As I have very little time to complete this project this step will hopefully prevent me struggling later.

No comments: