Thursday 27 November 2008

intial interview questions- mike

1-What is John like as an employee?

2-What does John add to you team?

3-What does John bring to the workplace?

4-Can you describe to me John’s responsibilities?

5-How does John interact with other employees and customers?

6-How do customers react /respond to John?

7-Would you say that John’s disability affect him?

8-Are these special provisions set in place for John?

9-How did you come to employ John?

10-What advice would you give to other employers who wish to employ someone with a disability?

11- What legal responsibilities do you have as an employer?

12- What legal right do you have as an employer who employs someone with a disability?


It was important that the questions I asked allowed and encouraged Mike to talk about John as person not just an employee. I did this by asking how he interacts with others as this isn’t part of his job but more a reflection of his character. The following question again builds on John’s character as asks how people respond to him. I purposely chose the word respond as I didn’t want to directly ask if people liked John as this would be a loaded question.

The first questions are primarily about john and his work they do not specify his disability. However by the end it was crucial for me to focus on if they affected his role at work and what provisions are place for him. It was also key that I asked questions that related to disability laws as my focus group showed little knowledge of the subject so I wanted the documentary to highlight some of the key issues. I also decided to look at the role of the employer asking “how did you come to employ John?” which touches upon the disability employment process.

No comments: