Thursday 27 November 2008

Update- Final documentary concept

I am doing a three minute wonder style documentary which would be aimed at older students and perhaps teachers. This is because it would be aired at a time where most people would be at work therefore it would most likely be watched by people with an interest with this issue or film style. I also think it would appeal to charities that work in this sector as it provides an alternative way to educate people about the issue.

I want my documentary to subvert people’s initial prejudices or expectations of someone with a disability. I shall try to achieve this through my style of shots which are at first going to be abstract and not showing his face. The extreme close ups are meant to highlight that he is as capable to complete these jobs as anyone else as audience haven’t seen him in order to judge. The voice over that will accompany these images will be over numerous voices talking about john as a person and worker but not mentioning his learning difficulties. This should hopefully enable audience to understand him as a person and not define him due to learning difficulty. Then I want to begin to hear johns voice and use wider shots that show more of him. I want his interview to enable him to have a voice and state his feelings about his work.

No comments: