Thursday 27 November 2008

filming diary- first day filming

what shots did i film-
-table shot of glasses
-both angle walking shots of John with glasses
-extreme close-up of John watering plant
-clos-up of ash-trays being placed on table

what i needed-
-camera
-tri-pod

I have completed my first morning of filming and I feel reasonably confident with my progress. From today I realised how much I would need to co-ordinate john although he is very wiling I found that I had to spend longer on simple shots. In future I shall be aware of this and set more time aside and try to set things up as much as I can to speed up the process. John seems very aware of the camera however this didn’t fit my purpose of the real life shots of his work. It important that I am able to show a true representation of his work and capabilities therefore I need him to not focus on the camera.

Some of the shots from the day will have to be re-shot as I am unhappy with their outcome. For example I was trying to use manual focus and iris shutter speed but the school camera was allowing me to achieve the look I wanted. So I am going to use a different camera that has a more adjustable iris.

No comments: